This evaluation chart will be used by the jury to assess your nomination. Your nomination package must describe and briefly elaborate on each of the following criteria:
Company Overview & Presentation
Briefly describe your company:
- Management team (name, title, key responsibilities)
- Executive Committee, Family Council and Board of Directors
- Nature of operations and description of products
- Number of employees
Transfer Planning and Transfer of Knowledge
The transfer team has kept the company’s headquarters in Quebec, and ownership and management control have been successfully handed over (ensuring a seamless transition for the company’s clients, suppliers, employees and other partners) by, for instance:
- constituting a balanced team with complementary skills;
- perfecting the skills of each member of the transfer team;
- participating in the company’s management;
- benefiting from the previous management team’s experience; or
- planning the transfer of the company’s management to one or more members of the transfer team.
Describe the business transfer plan within the framework of the transfer process.
Transfer of Management and Ownership
The transfer team seeks to grow the company and reinforce its position within the industry. The management transfer team has been able to create a vision and company culture that it shares effectively with its employees, clients and other partners, thus earning their respect and trust.
Describe the responsibilities that each member of the transfer team plays in the company and the current role of the members of the previous management team, where applicable.
Explain how the transfer team has dealt with changes related to the transfer of control and describe the main challenges it has had to face.
Produce an organizational chart that shows the shareholders at the time of the application and the shareholders after previous steps in the transfer plan.
Vision for the Future
The transfer team has a long-term vision and has established a business expansion plan by, for instance:
- developing a strategic plan;
- understanding the market and the company’s competitors; or
- innovating with new products and services, concepts, and/or market development ideas.
Describe how the transfer team has helped develop and grow the company.
The transfer team has secured the sustainability of the business through a development or growth plan. Show to what extent the change in management has had a positive effect on the financial health of the company with regard to, for instance:
- level of profitability (gross margin and net margin);
- net profit;
- market share;
- working capital ratio;
- debt ratio; and
- any other relevant performance markers.
The transfer teams that are selected as finalists will be called in for an interview in front of the jury, during which they will be asked to provide the chair of the jury with their financial statements for the last two fiscal years. (Note: all documents provided to the jury will be kept under confidentiality.)